It’s the season – to grill! Â Two recent books presented to use to review and share for the Â Â 4th of July. Â See below for recipes to make Creamy Buttermilk-Herb Potato Salad and Mini Lamb Burgers with Blue Cheese from two great Cooking Light books. Shout out for books, recipes and/or hi-res images.
Cooking Light Big Book of SaladsÂ http://www.oxmoorhouse.com/BigBookofSalads
- Â Learn how to buy and store greens so they stay crisp, how to spot fruit and veggies at the peak of flavor, how to whisk homemade light dressings
- Get tips on making salads with pasta, beans, interesting grainsâ€”and more
-Â Â Perfect for stories on getting and staying Â fit for summer
- Over 150 recipes for incredibly tasty, interesting, and healthy salads that are perfect for weeknight meals, cookout sides, and mouthwatering starters
Cooking Light Way To Cook: GrillingÂ http://www.oxmoorhouse.com/WaytoCookGrilling
- Â Includes techniques on the basics of grilling, setup and food prep; learn to smoke, marinate, brine and more
- Â Master the art of grilling steaks, burgers, chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables and more
- More than 125 recipes accompanied by full-color how-to photos
Make sure the potatoes cook until just tender and no more; that way, theyâ€™ll hold their shape.
Â 3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
1â„2 cup crÃ¨me fraÃ®che or sour cream
1â„3 cup nonfat buttermilk
1â„4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
11â„4 teaspoons kosher salt
1â„2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large garlic clove, minced
Dill sprigs (optional)
1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until just tender; drain. Cool 30 minutes.
2. Combine creme fraiche and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add warm potatoes; toss gently to coat. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup).
CALORIES 176; FAT 5.5g (sat 3.3g, mono 1.5g, poly 0.3g); PROTEIN 4.1g; CARB 28g; FIBER 3g; CHOL 14mg; IRON 1.4mg; SODIUM 326mg; CALC 34mg
Â 11â„4 teaspoons olive oil
12â„3 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 large)
3â„4 teaspoon brown sugar
3â„8 teaspoon salt, divided
1â„4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
13 ounces lean ground lamb
8 (1.3-ounce) mini sandwich buns, toasted
1 cup arugula leaves
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sugar to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 1â„8 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; cook 8 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
2. Preheat grill to high heat.
3. Combine remaining 1â„4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and lamb in a large bowl. Divide lamb mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1â„2-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in the center of each patty. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side.
4. Place arugula evenly on bottom halves of buns; top with 1 patty, 11â„2 tablespoons caramelized onion, and about 3â„4 teaspoon blue cheese. Cover with top halves of buns. Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 slider).
CALORIES 226; FAT 10.4g (sat 3.8g, mono 4.8g, poly 1g); PROTEIN 11.8g; CARB 21.2g; FIBER 1.6g; CHOL 33mg; IRON 1.8mg; SODIUM 347mg; CALC 68mg
MediaQuireÂ is a press release services: writing and distribution company. We deliver your news to targeted media contacts. Â We have access to a an extensive media database and deliver your news directly to editors, journalists, free lance writers and broadcast producers. Â MediaQuireÂ offers a targeted media relations program to help you reach your goals.Â To promote your project you need a well written press release and access to a comprehensive media database. Â Visit www.MediaQuire.com