Stats Don’t Lie!
(MediaQuire) Numbers don’t lie and all numbers are trending towards video production as an essential element of your marketing plan (content development). Some of it is driven by an enhanced need to do more to keep a consumer’s attention. A large portion of it is pushed by the fact that more than 60% of all internet consumption is happening via mobile device. The rest of the numbers…well it’s just plain logic. Humans learn and retain information better with visuals and video is more powerful than still pictures. Here are just some of the stats:
Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
- Online video now accounts for 50 percent of all mobile traffic and up to 69 percent of traffic on certain networks. (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report)
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos (YouTube).
- Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017. (Cisco)
Pew Research – Cell Internet Access/Mobile Technology Facts
As of May 2013, 63% of adult cell owners use their phones to go online.
- 34% of cell internet users go online mostly using their phones, and not using some other device such as a desktop or laptop computer.
- As of October 2014: 64% of American adults own a smartphone.
- As of January 2014: 32% of American adults own an e-reader, 42% of American adults own a tablet computer
- 67% of cell owners find themselves checking their phone for messages, alerts, or calls — even when they don’t notice their phone ringing or vibrating.
- 44% of cell owners have slept with their phone next to their bed because they wanted to make sure they didn’t miss any calls, text messages, or other updates during the night.
- 29% of cell owners describe their cell phone as “something they can’t imagine living without.
End of the stat parade.
Your videos don’t have to be a Star Wars Prequel. In fact, as we learn in the TV news business, the shorter and simpler the better. Remember, the concept of content marketing is about conditioning clients to become familiar with your brand and inspire them to take action by purchasing and/or sharing your content (making them advocates for your brand). Build knowledge, then trust, then loyalty.
For example, this is a video that we recently produced for our client TooJay’s Deli. To start, it is being used as a sponsored post on their Facebook page:
Short, sweet and tasty! Videos don’t have to win Emmy’s or break your bank. But they should be a marketing investment.
Thanks for your time…Good Storytelling to you
- The Modern South Florida PR Firm
- A Whole New Form of Viral Buzz. Insider Media Client’s Story Picked Up By Popular Streaming TV Service
Click to learn more about Insider Management
ABOUT J.P. HERVIS
J.P. Hervis is the president of Insider Media Management, a full-service public relations firm based in South Florida.
Before working in public relations, Hervis was an award-winning television news journalist working in Connecticut, West Virginia, Mississippi, and Florida. J.P. utilizes his experience as a news reporter/anchor in his current position as Insider Media Management focuses on the power of storytelling as a marketing tool to connect with the news media and consumers. Full Bio: http://insidermediamanagement.com/member/j-p-hervis/
Connect with J.P. Hervis and InsiderMediaMgmt: Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn